Monday, March 7, 2011

1 week

Daddy-
Today marks one week since you went to be with your heavenly father. I know that I will see you again one day but it doesn't take the pain away. It doesn't take this feeling I have. This emptiness I feel. I haven't had a huge break down yet, that everyone keeps telling me is coming. I can see it off in the distance. I know once everyone goes home and I have all the final stuff taken care of I will break down. My Aunt told me it takes about a week for you to hit that wall. A week after you lay the person to rest that is. She says no one ever tells you about all the stuff that follows. I never knew you sent Thank you card to people after a funeral. It is so painful even doing that stuff. Then you have to call all of the places that have bills with him and inform them of his death. Really?? No one wants to help me do that stuff either. So it is just me. I feel so lost without you Daddy. I just feel broken and numb. I feel there is a spot in my heart the is just empty. I feel that I will never again feel whole or fine.This week has been one of the hardest of my life. I am truly best to have called you my Father. I will never again be the same. I will be forever changed. I love you Daddy with all my heart. I will see you again one day. Until I don't know how I am going to do it. I am going to have to fine a new normal which I am not looking forward to. I just wish everything would go back to how it was. How it was before you got sick and before you died. I love you and I am so proud to have called you my Father. I love you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment